Skip to content

Schoonhoven, restoration (2005)

Construction history: The instrument has been made by L.Mintier and Gloton from Nantes supposedly around 1890. According to the report of consultant J. Spanish it appears that the instrument has stood in the convent of the sisters of drawer Gagesse in Golders Green in London.

In 1970, the convent of the sisters has been closed and the instrument has been given to miss June Ellis where it has stood up to 1985 in its garage. (suspected in this period wind supplies have disappeared) Miss Ellis also gave it in 1985, to The Mount school in London, whereupon the instrument has been restored by the firma Andrew casing from Wakefield. One placed the instrument after restoration in the Church Hall of the Mount school.

In 1992, the instrument buy to orders and by means of Taco Boersma from Renkum has been bought by the old catholic parish at courts. The whole restore of the instrument has been commissioned in October 2000.

Disposition

Bourdon16 vt.disc.
Bourdon8 vt.bas
Flûte Harmonoque8 vt.disc.
Violon-Celle8 vt.bas-disc.
Voix-Célèste8 vt.disc
Flûte-Octav4 vt.bas-disc.
Trompette8 vt.bas-disc.
Lade omvang C-g’’’Aantal toetsen 67 waar door het mogelijk is zeer ruim te transponeren.Via het draaien van de registerknoppen is een aantal combinatie mogelijkheden in te stellen.
Bediening van de zweljalozien doormiddel van een kniehevel.Doormiddel van een kleine metalen knop is er een super octaaf koppeling in te schakelen.Toonhoogte 440 hrs bij 18 graden
Stemming gelijk zwevendWinddruk 80 mm/wk
Foto J.C. van Rossum
Photo J.C. van Rossum